August 12, 2020 Hours:
By Appointment

More Hours
P.O. Box 337, 17 George St.
Parry Sound, Ontario, P2A 2X4 
Phone: 705-746-5365
Adults $5
Senior/Child $3
Pass Holders FREE
Calendar Event
Event Date:
Mar 21/2020
Museum From Home

Start Time:
End Time:

The Museum on Tower Hill wants to help you keep busy while we are all stuck in our homes! We have created and gathered a variety of different activities and learning opportunities that are both educational and fun for the whole family. Follow the links below to join in on the fun!

Please consider donating to keep the content flowing. Your support has never been more vital to the WPSDMuseum.

Donations of $25 or more are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.

 Jigsaw puzzles with a historical twist! Just click on the image to get started.

preview35pieceService Station 1926 - Easypreview96pieceService Station 1926 - Hard

preview35pieceRoad Trip 1925 - Easypreview108pieceRoad Trip 1925 - Hard

preview35pieceOrangemen - Easypreview96pieceOrangemen - Hard

The puzzles will change weekly, so make sure you don't miss out on the fun!

Activity Sheets! Click on the link to download.

Museum Word Search.

Logging Word Search.

Train Word Search.

Avro Word Search.

Fishing Word Search.

Indoor Scavenger Hunt.

Outdoor Scavenger Hunt.

Parry Sound Area Bingo.

Parry Sound Crossword.

Parry Sound Area Bingo: Round 2


What better way to relax then by colouring a historic postcard from our collection. Every Friday, 4 new colouring pages will be uploaded to the website. Just click on the link below and get your creative juices flowing!

Beatty Store Colouring Page

C.P.R Station Colouring Page

Pointe Au Baril Sailboats

Trestle Bridge

Westernland Ship

From Mowat Island

Parry Sound

Belvedere Hotel

Parry Sound Courthouse

Tower Hill Colouring Page

The Islands Colouring Page


Swing Bridge

Brag Load

Woman sitting on shoe

Sailboats Colouring Page

Milking Cow

Little Egypt Colouring Page

Fishing Scene Colouring Page

South American Ship Colouring Page

Easter Blessings

Easter Egg


Maple Leaf Forever Colouring Page


Cooking Scene

Magnetawan Rapids

On This Spot

Explore Parry Sound's history in this interactive app created by On This Spot!

Users who download the app will be able to view over 100 historical photos of Parry Sound and compare them to carefully restaged photos from the same perspective today. Using the in-app camera they can create their own then and now photos, allowing them to effectively superimpose themselves into historic photos of Parry Sound. Four walking tours will give unparalleled access to an enormous depth of local history.

The app's Parry Sound coverage launched June 8, 2018 to coincide with the beginning of the tourist season. The Parry Sound coverage was made possible through support from the Downtown Parry Sound Business Association, the Town of Parry Sound, the Museum on Tower Hill, and the Bayside Inn.

The historical photographs, which come from the collections of the Museum on Tower Hill and the private collection of Mike Morden, a local history enthusiast, date from the 1850s to the 1970s. The four walking tours examine different themes running through Parry Sound's history, including pioneer life in the 19th Century, Parry Sound's industrial history, tourism and steamships, and views from Tower Hill. They include many of Parry Sound's historic landmarks. 

Parry Sound is available in the On This Spot app alongside a growing list of Canadian cities including Vancouver, Winnipeg and Aurora. The app is free to download on Android and Apple smartphones and tablets. Download links can be found at Sample then-and-now images can be found at and selections can be made exclusively available to any media outlets seeking graphics.

Trivia Question

Check back every week for the answer and a new trivia question!


What day did the Streamer Waubuno sink?



Last Week's Question:

The Canadian Industries Limited plant in Nobel produced what type of explosive?






#FeatureFriday is updated every week, so visit us again to learn about more West Parry Sound District history.

April 3, 2020

March 27, 2020

March 20, 2020

March 13, 2020

April 10, 2020

April 24, 2020

May 1, 2020

May 8, 2020

May 22, 2020

June 5, 2020

June 19, 2020



Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more historical Parry Sound area fun!


Copyright © 2013 West Parry Sound District Museum 17 George St. Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 2X4
Phone: 705-746-5365 Fax: 705-746-8775 E-mail
Funding provided by the
Government of Ontario.