Front Desk Reception
The Gift Shop is the first point of welcome for our visitors.
We strive to connect visitors to the cultural and natural beauty of Parry Sound. Gift Shop Attendants provide vital support to staff in public eye so that visitors of all ages can explore and enjoy heritage and cultural exhibits in an environment which is engaging and inclusive.
For more information regarding volunteer opportunities please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Requires an initial commitment of 20 hours within 3 months, this includes 2 hours of training.
- this position requires working with the public, so we are looking for people who are personable and have excellent customer service skills
- helpful to have some retail experience cash handling,
- cash register knowledgeable about the museum and the community.
- greet visitors
- handle admission and giftshop sales
- housekeeping duties
- answering phone
- referring customers with research requests to staff
- providing directions
- providing information about the museum, its exhibits and activities
- odd jobs as assigned that can be carried out at the front desk